We are now offering Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy at Bodyworks Edinburgh!
We have a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist here at Bodyworks to help with any nutritional concerns or issues.
What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy is a therapeutic approach to the application of nutrition science in treating medical conditions and there symptoms, promotion of health, peak performance and an individuals healthcare.
There are a number of reasons to visit a registered Nutritional Therapist:
- for weight management
- to increase energy levels
- to address a particular health concern
- to improve your eating habits
- for a healthy blood sugar balance
- for optimum gastrointestinal health
- for intolerances to certain foods
There is a wide range of advice available on the internet and in the media regarding what and what not to eat but how do we know what to believe or what will be right for you? This can be cleared up with a consultation with Agata.
Nutritional support can help general well being and support all of these systems:
- Immunity (such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue syndrome Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, that often do not respond to conventional medicine))
- Digestive (constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, reflux, allergies and leaky gut)
- Respiratory (asthma and hay fever)
- Cardiovascular health (blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, cholesterol)
- Endocrine (hormonal imbalances, female hormonal balance: menopause and andropause or fertile age issues: PMS, weight management, cravings, blood sugar imbalances, diabetes and fatigue)
- Urinary (cystitis or thrush)
- Integumentary (acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea)
- Neurologic (low mood, anxiety, concentration and memory)
During a Nutritional Consultation with us you will be given the highest level of nutritional advice, personally tailored to you.
Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy..
Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy is an individualized Nutritional Therapy (NT) based on the same philosophies of Functional or Integrative Medicine or simply Complementary and Alternative Therapies. It can be seen as a complementary evolution in the practice of medical practice, addressing certain healthcare system needs. It listens and looks at the person in addition to understanding the importance of the overall integrative way of biologic and genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors web of interactions impact on short and long-term health and disease development.
Although the practice is fundamentally based on traditional folk medicine used through the millenniums, nowadays is an evidence-based approach and there is an increase of academic scientific research on its protocols and implementations on allopathic medicine professionals.
Naturopathic Medicine incorporates these fundamental principles as an assessment framework:
- Do no harm – Start with food and herbs, no drugs or supplements.
- The healing power of nature through promoting resilient homeostasis as a response to the dynamics of internal and external factors.
- Identify the underlying root cause of the system malfunction by understanding the interactions of the interconnected human physiological network.
- Support the whole person through a personalized centered care considering the biochemical individuality.
- Therapist as teacher, empowering people to accept greater responsibility in their own health care.
- Prevention rather than treatment by promotion and enhancement of organ reserve.
- Establish wellness through an ‘operating system’ that supports the expression of optimal health vitality outcomes.
The Initial Consultation (75-90minutes) includes a Nutritional Assessment: Dietary, Anthropometric and Clinical data gathering. After case taking is studied by Agata, a relevant protocol/food plan is formulated for the follow up appointment (30minutes). In this appointment your food diary will be discussed and feedback given. A follow up appointment can also be made for the future to re take Anthropometric measurements.
Our end goal is to promote the therapeutic effect of wholesome and unprocessed foods for optimal well being.
See our About page to read more about Agata!
If you would like to make an appointment with Agata please get in touch via email@example.com, 07707412033 or use our online booking system.