An Edinburgh sports massage is geared towards helping athletes of every kind, from world-class professionals to weekend joggers. It is not just for athletic individuals, but also for office workers who may have suffered repetitive strain injury. Or anyone who has had an acute trauma, perhaps sustained from day to day activities. Injuries can affect both bones and soft tissue.
Many athletes use our sports massage Edinburgh therapy to enhance pre-event preparation, prevent injury, reduce recovery time and increase maximum performance during training or at an event. Many people from all walks of life have found that it has improved their flexibility and posture.
Some of the common injuries that can be remedied with sports massage techniques are as follows:
- Knee Injuries (Cruciate ligament Sprain, Meniscus tear, osgood schlatters disease)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Tennis & Golfers Elbow (medial and lateral epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Injuries (shoulder injuries)
- IT Band Syndrome (Iliotibial band or runners knee)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot surface pain)
- Upper and Lower back pain (repetitive movements of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine)
- Ankle sprains (lateral ankle sprains account for 10-15% of all sporting injuries)
- Achilles tendon problems (tendonitis (inflammation) or tendinosis (degeneration)
Sports massage is much more specific than a deep tissue massage. The aim is to work directly at the injury/ issue site and surrounding area. Our Edinburgh massage will involve questions about the injury or problem, a visual assessment followed by massage treatment which will also include stretching and sometimes intense massage techniques followed by home care advice.
If you would like a Sports Massage you can quickly book online, or give us a call on 07707 412 033.